APPLICATION FOR BUSINESS PROCESS DESIGN OPEN INNOVATION
Name: Yoga Wake Up
Organization Type and Size:
Company/Number of Employees: 4
Your Organization's Product or Service:
Yoga Wake Up’s mission is to help the world wake up more peacefully and with more ease. We believe that if we all woke up with a little yoga or meditation, the world would be much better off. No more road rage on the way to the office, more calm when dealing with cranky kids, more love and kindness. Yoga Wake Up does this by replacing the alarm on our iPhones with 5-15 minutes of audio instructed yoga, meditation and stretching by a variety of amazing certified teachers. The user can choose what kind of wakeup they want and download any of 60 different options to find one that suits their interests and goals. Some offer up intention setting, some offer more rigorous movement or “asana” and some are just simple guided stretches that can be done from bed. All are paired with music ranging from pop music to “yoga” music such as chimes or rain. Each gets the user onto their feet to start their day. A handful of meditation-only wakeups are done seated and can be played any time, not just upon waking up.
Your Organization's Point of Contact:
Full Name: Lizzie Brown
E-mail address: email@example.com
Phone #: 323.420.4028
Area of Business Process Improvement Your Organization Needs:
My husband and I never went to business school but I have owned my own business for more than 10 years. We have experience limited by the scope of what we do, in my case PR and marketing for emerging brands. We need help learning how to scale, attract strategic partners, and prioritizing how we use our limited (bootstrapped) budget. We are also in need of understanding and building retention tools in a rapidly evolving mobile landscape.
Other Helpful Background Information You'd Like to Provide About Your Organization:
We have had some really good traction - 35,000 downloads, 500 daily active users, 9000 monthly active users and the company has made more than $3K in revenue. We are bootstrapped and my husband is the developer and I do PR and marketing. We pay contractors to help with digital marketing and social media. Excited for the opportunity to get important feedback from USC business students and eager for the fresh perspective on our growing startup! Thanks!
2nd ROUND APPLICATION FOR BUSINESS PROCESS DESIGN
1) The student team will focus on ONE area of business process improvement that your organization needs. If you have not done so already, please provide the following:
2) What is your experience with business process improvement? None
3) Where is your organization currently operating from? 12655 W. Jefferson Blvd. (WeWork Playa Vista)
4) Are you willing to participate in physical meetings (i.e. JoinIN Huddles) with students on USC campus? Yes. Available both dates and willing to also attend any additional meetings.
5) How do you think you and your organization can benefit the USC students? We are very familiar with working with students and place a lot of value on younger, actively learning minds. We have a robust internship program through our PR agency KAMALA COLLECTIVE and employ one intern per semester, all of which have found our program very gratifying. It is definitely a reciprocal relationship and we really appreciate the input from our students.
Posted on Wednesday, December 21st, 2016
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?Close
Please first add a commentClose
Please select one before votingClose
You cannot vote more than onceClose
Email Sent to Lizzie BrownClose